Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reb Rafael Nachman Kahn relates:

My mother related to me:

Once when the Rebbe Rashab and his son were in the country near Liozna, I was there as well. At the time I was pregnant.

One day I was walking with a chicken in my hand to the shochet, and in the other hand I was carrying my son’s hand, so I would be able to reach the shochet, who lived on the mountain.

The Rayatz was then sitting on the balcony, and when he saw a woman in such a situation (he did not know who I was then), walking with difficulty with a child and a chicken in my hands, he stopped me and said, “If you wish, I will slaughter the chicken for you.” In this way he saved me the walk to the shochet.

Here we see the tremendous ahavas Yisrael of our holy Rebbe’im.

Shemu’os V’Sipurim, Vol. 1, p. 193.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment